Thursday, September 4, 2008

Time to Stand

WARNING: This blog requires audience participation.


Step 1: Read the Blog

Step 2: Watch the Videos

Step 3: Take a Stand



1. My Blog. . .

Mike Huckabee may have said it best when he said that America's presidency is not meant to be a symbolic position. My fear, too, is that we do not realize the significance of this election. It's not about making history, but about being a part of a decision that will shape our country. Every election is significant; this one will determine the course of our country.


I was recently asked by a co-worker to be careful when talking about the election because there are people who don't agree with me. If you know me at all, you know I'm not picking political fights or shouting my views. The thought behind this request seemed to be that, as a Christian, I should not outwardly show support for something others don't agree with or show disapproval for something others do agree with--that I should try to not set myself apart. And that just goes against everything I know about being a Christian. We have the responsibility to take a stand; if that sets us apart, so be it.



"If my people, who are called by my name,


will humble themselves and pray and seek my face


and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from


heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.


Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the


prayers offered in this place." 2 Chronicles 7:14-15


"It doesn't matter who is elected in November if the people of God are content to not speak up and not step up. It's not enough to elect a leader; God's people need to pray and take a stand. It's time to live out loud." (Summary of notes, Sunday morning)

2. Their videos. .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Kh-xzerjE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9izhjnaLa3M&feature=related


3. Your turn. . .
Take a Stand!






No comments: