Friday, September 12, 2008

Winds and Waves

Written about an hour ago. . .

I'm sitting on the beach and it's amazing. The water is not so close in now, but the wind has really picked up. The sand is flying at me like little darts. It's slightly painful to be on the beach today, but no one is leaving. The waves are still incredibly powerful; so much that I'm watching something I had not seen before yesterday. The waves are "angry," as one employee said, and are bringing in a foam to the beach. When the tide goes out, the foam stays on the beach and the wind throws it down the beach until the sun dries it up. It looks like chunks of dirty snow racing each other down the beach. I know we are out of Ike's way, but I keep thinking "Man! This wind! These waves!" It's such a reminder--"Even the wind and waves obey Him."
Last night's sunset, too, was incredible. The waves were beating, but the sky above was calm and colorful. The God who creataed is also in control.

No comments: