Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sunday Morning

"Jesus paid it all
All to Him owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow."
A man from my church is in the hospital. Sunday morning Todd led a time of prayer for him. As most of our church prayed together at the alter it sounded like one long sniffle as together we cried and prayed for this incredible man. I don't know Gene very well, but his daughters and granddaughters are very special to me. As we prayed I thought a lot about his family. We went back to our seats and Kevin led us in "Jesus Paid it All." I started thinking about how much Gene reminds me of my dad. They are both stroke survivors and they face some of the same challenges. And then we got to verse four. . .
"And when before the throne
I stand in Him complete
'Jesus died my soul to save'
My lips shall still repeat."
. . .and it hit me. One day all their struggles and fears will be over. Things that are hard for them now won't be an issue because they will be absolutely complete. I'd like to keep them both around for a long time, but I know that one day heaven will have something extra special in store for them both.

No comments: