Sunday, March 30, 2008

People actually read my blog!!

I am, generally, a private person. I'm really good with short answers and not offering up more than I just have to. I know God is trying to get me out of that. I read a book recently on mentoring students. I can pretty much sum up the whole book with this statement: "Mentoring is letting students into your life." That means your life has to be a little more open. I'm trying. I'm doing some things I never would have dreamed of. Like interpretive movement. When I told a couple of my friends that I was going to do it, they laughed. "Let's see. You don't dance, and you don't like to be up in front of people. Yeah, this sounds like the group for you." But guess what. I'm loving it. And I'm trying to be more open with people. That was pretty much the point of having a blog. I like reading blogs, but to actually write one just seemed weird. "Write out my thoughts for anyone to read? You've got to be kidding me." But if I'm really going to be more open, this was a good place to start. So, I blog, although not very consistently. And it really wasn't as hard as I thought. . .
Probably because I thought no one was reading it. Then last night I logged onto 2 of my friends' blogs. And there in the "blogs I read" section was my name! And I freaked out just a bit. "People actually read my blog!! I'm out there. Opening up. Dear goodness, what I have done?!" I was much calmer about it this morning. . . and then I got to Sunday School and someone else mentioned reading my blog. And it began again. "People actually read what I say!!" Wow. Just know that this whole world of blogging is out of my comfort zone. But I think that's where I need to be.

1 comment:

Todd said...

Some times God calls us out of our comfort zone. Wow I am great at telling people that...Do I always give my self the same advice???? Anyway, Yes you are a blog I read! Actually your last blog was really insightful But I didn't respond because blogging is kinda out of my comfort zone too. (This is Leeanne, Not Todd. He is a good blogger.)