Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's Snowing!!

As part of my job, I'm in training downtown. The company provides a parking pass to students--for a garage a few blocks away from class. It's suggested that we be parked by 8 to have time to catch the free trolley and be in class by 8:30. If you know me, you know that sounds like being 30 minutes early and that's just not something I do. (Except for when I was little and rode with my grandmother. Back then, 30 minutes early was on time.) So I usually plan to make it to the garage by 8:15 and walk. Walking, believe it or not, is faster than riding the trolley. The Wednesday before Valentine's Day was a cold morning. My 8:15 plan turned into the 8:25 plan, so I was late before I ever started the walk. But it didn't bother me much--I wasn't going to let it ruin my walk. I look forward to the walk--it's so quiet in the morning. There are people out & about, but it's still so quiet. And there are so many things about downtown you miss if you're always just driving by. So I was enjoying my walk and thinking that the only thing that would make it better would be snow.
You know how Jesus was always answering questions that weren't asked out loud? He answered my thoughts. I saw a snowflake and thought I was crazy. But then I saw another and another. By the time I got to class I was passing people under umbrellas. (I don't understand umbrellas in the snow.) But umbrellas & all, it was just a "movie-magic" kind of walk. When I got to class I felt like the other girls were feeling bad for me, being the late kid. But I wouldn't have missed it. I may have been the late kid, but I was the kid who had a perfect walk in the snow that fell just for her.
So I was thinking...
"The heavens declare the glory of God,
the skies proclaim the work of His hands,
Day after day they pour forth speech,
night after night they display knowled.
There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.
Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world."
Psalm 19:1-4
God is so good in the little things. And I absolutely don't deserve it. Because of a fluke power outage this afternoon I got to spend time with some special people I don't get to see enough. And when I got home. . . it was snowing.
-E

No comments: